Monday, March 22, 2010

Nuffnang/ Love World Love Sloggi

Picture from Nuffnang Malaysia
Love World Love Sloggi
Sloggi: Pure Body Wear

In conjunction with the
I take this opportunity to share what I love about the nature,
also what I love about Sloggi.

{*Nuffnang is Asia's first blog advertising community}

I love the temperature on our mother earth when I was young.
I love to play outside under the sun, running with peers on the field was no big deal.
Enjoying the Telok Cempedak beach walk with family during the weekends
was the most memorable time.
During those days, I remembered the climates was more steady then now,
temperature would not simply rise to 39 or 40 degree celsius.

So far, have you observe where have we gone wrong in arriving 
to this stage of global warming?

So many campaigns held in relation to this global issue.
One of them is **Earth Hour, to REDUCE electricity consumption;
further effort also being planted to educate the public to REUSE and RECYCLE.
 I have reclasified my waste into plastics, papers, aluminium,
and put into the relevant recycle bins stationed at the neighbourhood garden since university days.

Coming we have the **Earth Hour.
It is a global WWF climate change initiative.
Individuals, businesses, governments and communities are invited
to switch off their lights for one hour on
Saturday, 27th March 2010 at 8:30pm.

It is to show their support for action on climate change.

Today I have also received the UTAR Alumni email regarding this Earth Hour.
We are reminded almost in every corners to save the earth through action!

I personally has watched some related movie like the "Incovenience Truth";
attended awareness campaigne and have learned that 
the global warming with
six degree could change the world!

Do you know what am I talking here?
It's simple, if the earth experienced another increase of 6 degree Celsius,
all living things on earth will no longer be capable to stay alive on earth.


Imaginery picture of the six degree.
Picture (above and below) are obtained from
National Geographic :Six Degree can change the world"




2006 documentary film
to educate the earth residents on global warming


All information below (+1 to +6 degrees) are from web research.
+1 degree:
Western USA will face severe drought and large part
will be turned into desert
+2 degrees:
Greenland's ice sheet will have melted away
causing global sea levels to rise by 7 metres.
+3 degrees:
3C is the tipping point where global warming runs out of control,
leaving us powerless to intervene as planetary temperatures soars.
The centre of this disaster is the Amazon, where the tropical
rainforest would burn down in a firestorm of epic proportion.
+4 degrees:
Southern western will become unliveable due to extreme heat.
The west Antartic ice sheet will melt away and add another 5cm to global sea level. 
The complete extinction of polar bears and other ice-dependent species.
+5 degrees:
Water temperature of 20C within 200km of North Pole,
no ice left at either pole.
Mass extinction in the sea due to methane hydrates.
+6 degrees:
Fireballs will rain from the sky and we will all be dead.

What can we do to change this "sad ending"?
We need to cut our CO2 emission with over 90%
in less than 7 years. 
We have the knowledge and solutions.
We only need will.
Educate yourself.
Demand change.
ACT.
NOW.


Ink drawing by Silly Daddy Comic artist,
Joe Chiappetta  
that shows the Silly Daddy ponder on the meaning of global warming


With this highly discussed global issue at hand, it's no surprise
that finally our government has launched
"NO PLASTIC" day
on every Saturday in the beginning of year 2010.
Nowadays I always try my very best to carry the tote bag and ask for NO plactic bag.
And when I having take away (dapao), I bring my own plastic container.
 I will choose to eat at the stall instaed of take-away if I forget to bring my container.
What a "incovenience" truth to me but I believe this small little act will help the earth.
So why not? 

Besides, I also participate in the returning of empty skin care containers
 to merchants such as Origins and Kiehls.
Some photos during the said campaign.



Some of my empty bottles collected as follow:



To encourage consumers to return these empty Origins containers,
they are giving samples of skin care in sachet.
Origins also accept those containers from other brands.
I feel very proud that Origins shows such good effort to allow us
to return those containers which would then be recycle in oversea
with specific procedures.


Myself at the Kiehl's store recycle bin
with Kiehl's containers.

Now, I would also like to share about this
ECO-FRIENDLY "LOVE WORLD" SLOGGI


Picture by Nuffnang.


Though I have heard about Sloggi having the eco-friendly range
in of the Triumph workshop
I attended last year, but I try to find out more in Sloggi Malaysia site.

Ecological friendly fabrics,
with groovy and fun designs, no longer constraint to "brown or plain colours"
Sloggi has added colours to the 2010 Spring collection, 
at the same time offers great comfort and
a auperb fit for all day long. Creating a "Wow" effect to all ladies!

One of the material use in the Sloggi "Love World" range
is known as YARN, produced by 100% recycled plastic bottles!
I believe this required investment on clean technology to transform waste to
reusable high quality material.

Four simple reasons that could
make me to "fall-in-love" with Sloggi "Love World" range:


"Environmental Responsible" efforts by Sloggi
to bring out this "Love World" range is awesome!

Chic and fun designs, delighting the owners

Colours add some "flavours" to the recycled material

Great Comfort, is always the assurance given by Sloggi 

2 comments:

YJia said...

Nice post Lilian ! we all must take care of our mother of earth ^^

Btw , sweetie^^ I've tag you in my blog post here ^^
http://fancyillusionist.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-love-your-blog-award.html

It's a "I love your blog" award ^^ I dunno whether u have receive it before or not , but pls take it my dear ^^ coz you deserve it ^^

Lilian said...

Thanks for visiting, viewing, I am so glad for your support.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails